Monday 30 June 2008

Bloody Technology

Perhaps when I was younger, back when I had that iota more patience than I do now, I could sit for hours staring at pixels and writing/rewriting code to make cool scroll over effects to manipulate a box to appear a certain way, only to rewrite it all two weeks later.
That is gone.
On the weekend, I conceded defeat and unplugged my modem from my PC to connect to my laptop to use skype. This pissed me off so fatally because I had previously and painfully created a wireless LAN and set up total secure wireless Internet, file and print sharing.
But eventually the novelty of the laptop wore off, and when I reignited it of course everything had gone to bollocks and for the life of me I don't know how I managed to network it because I don't remember this computer even having a network card.
I'd love to get it working again, but my motivation is ebbing low.

It reminds me of the fact that my phone is dying a slow and annoying death.
And I have now changed my mind from the Nokia N969 to the Samsung G810 (pictured) which is basically the same only 400 bucks cheaper and has a longer battery life.
I managed to send a rather rude sounding (when taken TOTALLY out of context) text message to the wrong person. FATAL ERROR.
Fortunately the text went to the best possible person, a rather liberal minded friend of mine, who found humour in situation, as opposed to say - the very Christian mother like figure from my previous work place.

I recently read that in Israel they had launched a 'Kosher Phone' to cater for the strict Orthodox Jewish community.

The handset has purportedly had the internet, SMS, video and voicemail facilities disabled. Naturally the press have made a misnomer, a device cannot actually be Kosker but it does have the cencorship seal of approval from the 'Rabbinical Committee for Communications'
On the upside the 'Kosher Phone' is cheaper if you call another 'Kosher Phone' (I guess many Hasidic Jews don't have too many Baptist friends) except for the Sabbath when you get $2.44 US per min! Thats hardcore

5 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

Gosh that phone looks REALLY similar to the Nokia N95.
Hmm.

I'm so impressed you were so clever to make a little LAN! Bummer that you have had to admit defeat thouhg :(

Hahahah Now I want to know what the message said. I wish I got it LMAO

Re:Kosher phone-whats wrong with SMS?

Dataceptionist said...

And you've re-inspired me to look into getting off my plan (again)

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Yes it does... bascially the same thing!

Yes I was so pissed off about it. And then when discussing it with our computer guru, he was kind enough to offer to come over and look at it for me, just get all the computer and laptop details so he could research first and also for the wireless router.
THATS WHEN THE PENNY DROPPED. I'd neglected the router.
What a GOIT.

Well the message read 'Any good p*rn today?'
Which went to a friend who is laid up with a busted shoulder who basically watches p*rn all day LOL
see what I mean though haha?

Ah good, stick it to them! LOL like I can talk I'm still with the enemy of the consumer a.k.a Telstra

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Oh yes...

Apprently the 'Kosher Phone' blocks that which could subvert true Jewish values... I guess they are working on the assumption that non Jewish people cannot make telephone calls?

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!