Tuesday 10 June 2008


SEX SELLS... WE GET IT

Look at this woman, shiny and inviting in her polished rubber.
All plump red lascivious lips and smouldering eyes.
A fisherman's hat and fish in hand? Is this I know who you did last summer? The story of a lusty fisherwoman wench?
No. It's the new advertisment Fisherman's Friend you know, those nasty little lollies in paper bags that are supposed; to helped relieve the problems experienced by these fisherman in the freezing conditions.
Honestly, I hate to harp on (actually yes I do, who doesn't love a good harp?) but why are we having products thrust - pardon the pun - upon us like this?
I almost feel prudish commenting on the link between a rubber clad body and a fisherman's friend... the two are synonomous surely? hmm


7 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

oh no no no this ad is WAY old. I think its enjoying a refresh because Gyton Grantley, the guy who played Carl Williams in Underbelly, is the guy who gets smacked in the face with the fish.
Its funny!

K said...

Unless eatihng a fisherman's friend is going to make me look like her should I don red vinyl overalls then I'm not interested. Aren't they a really horrid brown colour?

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Ohh it's old? They are trying to relaunch the sex in the fisherwoman then lol

Yeah from memory they are a revolting brown colour, or at least original is.

Dataceptionist said...

aha, they're a menthol lozenge for colds, not lollies. The fish is because they were developed for fisherman in the 1800's and they're meant to pack a punch and really wake you up, whilst helping against the freezing conditions of being on sea.
My boss (mad keen fisherman) says his friends say "Fisherman's Friend" when referring to dope LOL. He thought I was implying he was a pothead.

And hey, she looks hot in red PVC. Skinny bitch.

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

'Cept for the hat.

Dataceptionist said...

Agreed

lou said...

hott