Monday 2 June 2008

Cure worse than the malady?

I've recently had a spate of unfortunate health issues.

At the commencement of my new job, I got a cold. Plowing through my new job sneezing and coughing, and taking over the counter psudoephedrine based products to lessen my pain. Codral and it's ilk have a funny affect on me, I get jumpy when people approach me and end up hanging onto the ceiling like a cartoon cat.
For two weeks, I persisted with the coughing and fevers at 2pm, jumping around like a paranoid junkie before I bit the bullet and saw the doctor.
It ended up I had a chest infection, which he prescribed a short course of strong antibiotics for which left me feeling nauseous (and poor as they were OVER TWENTY DOLLARS) and eventually during the end of the course left me with another unpleasant result of taking antibiotics... if you know what I mean.

SO! Four weeks into my new job and I am healthy, cashed up and jazzed to have a night out on the town with a girlfriend.
After careful budgeting, we stay in the city, go shopping, have dinner then make our way through five nightclubs drinking cocktails and generally making merry.
Leaving the last night club in the wee hours of the morning, we were making our way through the giant throng and my five inch heel makes contact with an invisible four inch hole.
This (at the time) relatively pain free event goes mostly unnoticed until several hours of walking the next day where my foot swells to the size of a football and I cannot walk on it without violent pain.
Kindly my boss insists I go over to the doctor, where she tells me I have probably 'just fractured' the little bones on the bottom of my foot and tells me to get crutches to rest the injury and revisit on Wednesday if it still hurts on Wednesday for an xray.
SO becrutched I hobble back to the office. As it turns out, I am massively rubbish at using crutches (surprise, I think not).
Not only am I still putting weight on my foot, my arms hurt from hauling myself around.
And I am paying $65 for the privilege.

5 memos sent:

PrincesseEmma said...

I hate the after effects of bloody antibiotics (so yes, I do know what you mean!)

Did you have your foot x-rayed? Cause once the doctor thought my hand was just sprained and sent me for an x-ray the third time I went back and I had a small break....

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Yes VERY annoying, fortunately gone now but GRR

No xray yet, on friday if it still hurts I will have an one.

Dataceptionist said...

ooh thankfully I don't have that problem with Antibiotics. (I am desperately hoping I'm reading between the lines correctly here).

Eek, I can't imagine what your new boss thinks of you LOL

Anonymous said...

Yes I think you are data.
I only seem to have the problem with stong doses.

LOL HMMM accident prone? Works through illness?

Agent X said...

how's your foot after the weekend?