Monday 23 June 2008

Pardon me, do I know you?

Has this happened to you?
You're standing in a semi crowded walkway, or mooching around a bar doorway (in my case the one to the left only with more people) and scanning the room and your eyes settle on a familiar face.

They look back at you, with the same searching look but neither of you can put your finger on a name.

This happened to me this weekend, and if the oppertunity had presented itself I would have approached him to find out who he was.

Recognising someone you think you know isn't quite so unusual when you're at your local but when you're 78.2km from home that seems unlikely, but not impossible when you used live in the area.

Very strange indeed.

2 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

I don't know but its a GREAT pickup line don't you think?
Give me a few drinks, and if I see someone I think I might know, I'm over there in a shot to figure it out.

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

HAHA well, that would have been the ideal ending.

But alas I didn't see him again.

I know I knew him from somewhere though.