Wednesday 4 June 2008

Arty photos

What do you tend to take 'arty' photos of?

While I do enjoy the obligatory famous scene shot when visiting countries, I also have favourite scenes or objects that I also like snapping.

A lone tree for instance, really captures my imagination and always gets my shutter finger itchy, like wise an ordinary object at close range. Boats, also for some reason – maybe its hereditary as my grandfather enjoyed crafting and sailing boats. So I have created a small showcase of my favoruite 'arty' (farty) shots.


A lone tree 05 Sydney Harbour 06

Polyesian Katamaran Twisted French tree

Garden light through leaf Traditional Thai boat

6 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

Oh its always the sky for me. I'm endlessly trying to capture the ever elusive ultimate sunset photo

Other than that, anything that catches my eye really.
I have an entire category of sky pix now
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dataceptionist/sets/72157604653562375/

lou said...

I like the Thai boat one.

Also, I hope you're feeling better!

K said...

I try to take arty b&w photos of graveyards and cemetaries. I like them - I find them calming places.

Some of my photos are cool - most are crap. I try too hard.

Anonymous said...

I do like the sky, but if I can find something out of place its th best.

Thanks Lou Lou, yeah I love that pic... its so postcardy.
It was taken at 'The Beach', which is now a sad dead coral reef.

Cemetaries and graveyards always do have an eerie peaceful feeling.
LOL I find that if I dont get the best photo first off I can never focus properly on what I want.

Dataceptionist said...

The Thai boat one is from that beach "The Beach" was filmed at wasn't it? That whole cove is gorgeous and incredibly photographic, I can't wait to go there one day.

Yes I like the cemetary concept too, but that's still someone's relative buried there, I would find it creepy to discover someone had photographed my relative's tombstone.

K said...

I'd be suprised if you could recognise a particular grave from them. I'll post some for you over the weekend if you like.