Tuesday 1 July 2008

Life as a Pedestrian p2

Rest assured! It is not only drivers that clash with bike riders.
I had a run in with Crazy Bike Guy From Hell today. As I was walking down the footpath to the train station, a bike rider came up behind me.
The section of the foot path that we were occupying was not big enough for me, the people walking down the other side of the foot path and him.

We all were walking briskly, we all had places to be - but Crazy Bike Guy obviously thought his plans were more important because he did everything he could to get in front of me and the on coming people traffic. He definatly made enough fuss and noise about his displeasure, but despite his efforts it did him no good, and I knew that the moment we cleared the people he would go whooshing past.
Crazy Bike Guy From Hell did not disappoint.
A very well restrained part of my human decency, the same restraint that stops me from maiming slow walking people in shopping centres, stopped me from raising my right arm and coat hangering him off his bike - but boy was it close!
Instead a woman coming around the corner with a pram, who he nearly flattened saw the whole thing and BLASTED THE CRAP out of him for nearly mowing her and her baby as well as myself down.

3 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

Gah, inconsiderate bastards.
I'm glad someone gave him a serve, and it probably carried more weight coming from the mum too :)

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Oh yeah she ripped into him.

Best thing I've seen in a long time.

K said...

Isn't it illegal to ride a bike on the footpath?