Sunday 20 July 2008

Life as a Soup Eatter

My health plan out the window, after too many free chocolate bars I decided drastic action was required.
So Monday I started the much famed and loathed Soup Diet.
On Sunday I readied myself, I chopped and cooked a vat of vegetables, prepared fresh fruit salad for the days I was allowed fruit and mentally resigned myself not to cheat.
Day One; Monday, was moral superiority, sunshine and goodness oozing from my pores as I consumed nothing but fresh fruit and the then delicious vegetable soup.
Day Two; Yesterday, was less great. I sucked it up and had soup for breakfast on the all vege day. Soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner to be precise. Steamed veggies for dinner were alright along with a YUMMY POTATO! Not happy, but I rewarded myself with a flat white and the thought I've lost 1.5kgs so far.
Day Three; Today. Got totally ahead of myself, I thought today was banana day and was looking forward to banana smoothy for breakfast but then got shot out of the water when I realised that is tomorrow. Fruit salad for breakfast, soup and salad for lunch and more bloody veggies and soup for dinner. Must remember my steely resolve.
Day Four; Tomorrow. I might be counting my chickens before they hatch but I feel positive about tommorow. It is banana smoothy day after all, and I think I can hack through! And with the thought of pritikin banana ice cream as a reward.
NB; ice cream may just be a banana mashed until creamy.
Day Five; Friday. Now I already know this is shot out of the water. So I am going to have the soup for breakfast, and morning tea because we are having a late (potentially boozy) farewell lunch at work.
Potential for extending the diet an extra day to compensate.
Day Six & Seven; The Weekend. Oh people please help me. What am I to do? Must be good, must be good. Pity I don't drive or I'd have perfect reason to be designated driver.

2 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

You can do it!
Cheating makes you feel like crap, even as you're eating that thing you think you can't do without.

As for the weekend, all I can suggest is try to not spend it at home. Do other things (not sitting around) to distract yourself.

x

K said...

Soup diet is evil. I'm considering starting it again - possibly adding a few extra vegies for variety but rather than sticking to the diet as is, I'll let myself have fruit salad every day and toast for breakfast.
Soup for breakfast is just gross.

You can do it!!