Friday 2 May 2008

Eau de Sex Parfum

It's no new news that sex sells - and as Miley Cyrus has found out, no sex masquerading as sex sells too.

I understand clothing models. They need to wear the clothes the courtiers make, I even get handbag and jewellery modelling, you can see these things on a model.
But can you make sex sell a smell?
Apparently...
It all started when I saw the new ad for Burberry "The Beat" - the one where the little elfin girl is dancing around with ants in her pants.
What in the WORLD does she have to do with perfume?

But it gets worse.

And the mighty gangilly one Keira Knightly nuded up for Coco Mademoiselle.

Like all we need is bowler and some bling to be sexy?
I really honestly do not know what this means, if we wear this scent we will take off out silk dress and use the bowler we stole from the stalker following us to shield our breasts?




Yves Saint Laurent uses sex, pasty skin and heels to sell Opium.
I don't know why they bothered with the heels to be honest.


And it does not improve for men's fragrances either.



YSL feature a totally nude male to flog M7.

I, of all people, understand that scent is a powerful trigger for sex appeal. I cannot resist a man with a dash of Joop strategically dabbed... on his ... neck.

But whats this about?

6 memos sent:

K said...

YSL have not actually censored the box?

I'd give it a sniff :) Is it for men or ladies?

Dataceptionist said...

two words
TOM FORD

see this link for pics he's used to "sell" fragrance
http://tinyurl.com/6xckdt

*warning* not all work-friendly

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

HAHA no YSL didn't censor it I did

DOH I HAD TOM FORD GRRR a bottle jammed between two glistening breats

what the hell has that got to do with purfume?

Dataceptionist said...

I think the glistening shaved/waxed lady garden one is worse, or the oiled mens bottom? (both TF)

K said...

Reanan - you had Tom Ford? I didn't see that blog post....

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

LMAO I dont think I want Tom Ford...
Would make for an interesting blog post though!