Saturday 19 April 2008

Went up to the lab... Saw what was on the slab.



Brilliant.
Our seats we so fantastic mum had her foot trodden on by one of the Phantoms (bother) and if he was interested iOTA could look right down my cleavage as he went down the stairs.
I had my doubts about a bruntte Riff Raff (Blonde is good for Richard O'Brien and he wrote it!) but Paul Capsis pulled it off well and truely....
iOTA is amazing as Frank n Furter, and I could not fault his presence or performance an ounce.
My favourite though (aside from Frank) was probably Sharon Millerchip as Columbia, a tiny twirling lady who belted out her numbers with guts.
Costuming was fab! Cleaver, functional and hot!

Amuzingly enough (NOT, don't get me started) we got an understudy... well the understudy's understudy?
Both Simon Farrow and his understudy were unable to perform as Rocky, so we got the production manager! I bet he's glad he goes to the gym since he had to bop around stange in a pair of gold underwear.
SO GLAD I AM GOING AGAIN!

3 memos sent:

K said...

Again? I'm so jeaous.

Isn't it just the most awesomest show?

At least the Rocky character doesn't do much. But still. Glad the understudy was good.

If you're interested, Arthouse are doing weeknight screenings of the RHPS (amongsth other) which could be fun.

Dataceptionist said...

Squee! cool!

Re I can't beleive its almost time. I'm SO jealous you were so close, as said earlier, we aren't nearly that close :(

I can't beleive you got understudy of understudy. How did you even know???

How did A.A. like it?

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Yes twice will be most awesome!
Playing RHPS at the Arthouse is cool! Very awesome definatly want to check that out!

Being close has its advantages for sure, but I think you miss some of the show, like the whole bigger picture.
A.A enjoy immensly also, v. good time all round.

They announced at the beginning that both Rocky and his understudy were too 'broken' to perform lol, but said the show muct go on ... with production manager in situ!