Tuesday 1 April 2008

Life as a Channel surfer

I REMEMBER! I was mounting my high horse to talk about this guy;

Wayne Carey, was on Enough Rope with Andrew Denton last night.
I respect Andrew Denton as an interviewer, Enough Rope has seen such subjects as Dr Jane Goodall, Michael Parkinson, Elton John, Crowded House, Phil from Grinspoon, Jerry Seinfeld, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, Bob Geldof etc
Sure it's had some low points as well, Delta Goodrem and aforementioned Bill Clinton (amazing how you can still be a figure head and on the con list) but last night he had Wayne Carey.


I object to this guy. I object to what he did to his wife (although for pushing my family off the swing set and breaking her arm she might have had it coming), I object to how he has marred his career by choosing drugs and alcohol, and now this most recent scandal involving his girlfriend is too much.
It's a bit of a catch 22, I totally resent his media coverage yet feel compelled to blog about this goit. Last night he was sort of babbling on to Andrew Denton, about his career and dalliances with other footballers wives. In response to Andrew's questioning about New Idea's article and reported $118,000 payment in return.
Andrew asked point blank if he was paid for the NI article, Carey said no but his mannerisms, body language and tone all seemed like a lie to me.
Watch the video here, unfortunately the questionable NI section isn't in this excerpt but hopefully we will start to see a lot less of this twerp.

6 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

while that was on channel 2(?) the comedy festival was on channel 10 (I hope I can do this joke justice) and the comedian said carey and his girlfriend loved each other so much they were toasting to their relationsip, but she lost her glass, and said to him, i love you, i love you so much, just use my face. So he did.
I laughed so hard seriously.

Anonymous said...

LMAO I saw that!
That was Dave Hughes I think?

I flicked over at some point and there he was GRR

Anonymous said...

LMAO I saw that!
That was Dave Hughes I think?

I flicked over at some point and there he was GRR

Dataceptionist said...

Yes I think you're right and annoyingly I had just made comment about how I don't really think he's that funny, i don't like the "I'm so angry!" thing he does.

K said...

I love Denton.

The whole interview just smacked of scripted, rehearsed shite. I don't think Carey believed much of what he was saying, more that he'd been advised to say those things.

I don't understand why anyone would want to be in a relationship like that though - screaming, absive namecalling, shoving - sounds fun no? Based on what I've heard, I have little sympathy for the girlfriend.

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Indeed! He slaps you around so you decide to go on holidays, he smacks a glass in your face so what you get engaged? (no I don’t think they are engaged but work with me)

I thought the bit about the 'Wayne Carey apology' was fairly telling - what a sad insincere loser.

I LOVE Hughesy… I think he is a gem, I love the crazy unblinking eyes.