Wednesday 9 April 2008

Life as a Sellout


I thought I was a coffee sellout and I didn't think I cared (too much), unlike my bloggy cohort Dataceptionist I thought that I am not a massive coffee wanker. Hehe.

I love Starbucks, I like the coshy chairs and the fact I can usually find a paper langishing to read. I like the bubbly airheads who serve you at the souless chain, and the elevator music of the world which is generally playing.

I love my Starbucks girl, so much to the point I have filled out a comment card singing her praise.

But as I found out today, I only love it when Kris my lovely barista girl is serving (which is regularly because she is ALWAYS there) - she knows how I like it, hot strong and tall... it all sounds so dirtty.

But today she wasn't there, and it was weak, warm and HAD CREAM ON TOP? since when does a bloody mocha have cream on it?
I ordered a skim, did she think she'd just f**k with me and give me cream?

5 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

hahahaha and so you learn the harsh lesson, SlutBucks never satisfies.

Shame on you for drinking that filth.

K said...

And did you voice your disapproval?

I can't speak - I'm too cheap to buy coffee.

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

HAHA but only if Kris would go somewhere else!

No they were too busy to be arsed in complaining!

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

HAHA but only if Kris would go somewhere else!

No they were too busy to be arsed in complaining!

Anonymous said...

No way! Starbucks practically guarantee that they make your coffee right! That's their whole corporate philosophy! Next time take them to heed on messing up your grande-no whip-skim-nonfat-mocha-extra hot and they must oblige!
And yeah, Starbucks are the devil incarnate but if the coffee's good, you may as well buy it! At least (in US anyhoo) they use Fair trade coffee.