Saturday 5 April 2008

Pedestrians *HUH*

As a full time pedestrian it really tips me over the edge when some bungler staggers out in front of you as you are mid step, it’s probably the equivalent of someone merging into your lane without paying attention.
Usually I know where I am going, and make haste getting there as quickly as I can by walking swiftly and purposefully to avoid those people who accost you in the street for loose change or guilting you into donating for breast cancer or save the children fund (these are not randomly selected – this is experience!)
These people are not age or gender specific, they cannot easily be detected and are almost certainly going to appear at the worst possible moment, like when the Mormons are at the train station.
I feel like a grumpy old woman sometimes (a lot of the time actually) because these things bother me so much, but there is no courtesy anymore, people don’t even notice where they are going most of the time, so you have to watch what you and everyone else is doing! ARGH!!

Also, is it just me, or is it really getting COOL. Apparently it is just me, either that or people are still trying to hang onto the last vestiges of summer by parading around in shorts and singlet. On Wednesday I was cold all day, and remained cold until I came home, put my pajamas on and had a nice curry (Yes my suspicions are right I am turning into a grumpy old woman!)
I am ready to embrace Autumn fashion, I have my mid length jumpers at the ready. I have my Autumn/Early Winter knitted dress at the ready! I have boots just waiting for some lovely hosiery!

4 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

hahaha Nanna!

I don't pedest very often, so I cannot grumble along with you sorry. Downtown MV isn't really the pedestrian capital it could be.

Yes it IS getting cool, but I am one of these idiots pretending its not, which I do EVERY YEAR lol.
I do it to such an extent that every time I see something in my wardrobe and think "oh that will be a brilliant transition season item of clothing, must remember to wear it" I then realise I never wear these things because I'm too stubborn to transition until I'm freezing my tits off.

K said...

I empathise with you so much. People generally are the bain of my existence.

If I were God I would completely remove the possibility of crowds and pedestrian clutter unless specifically intending to get oneself into such a situation (ie. Homebake).

And re the weather - I want it to decide whether my new red coat can come out to play or not. None of this "take a light jacket" crap. My new coat dammit!

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Oh Data, get into that transitional stuff now babe! Go go! Its nearly too late LOL

Yes K, people are terrible when you get them in that awful crowd mentality arn't they?
HAHA go the proper coat!!
I am looking for that awesome going out slash casual dress up or dress down jacket... no luck so far.

Dataceptionist said...

Bah I too search for that jacket Re!

Hahaha Eca and I had this very conversation Wednesday night, I was wearing a light cotton jacket over my gym wear and Eca said she needed a jacket like that, only to go on to say she's probably only need it for three days of the year LOL

{I actually have three jackets of this weight, one for each of those three days (gotta mix it up a bit hahah)}