Thursday 10 April 2008

Dating/Job Hunting - same same



OK so dating and job hunting are the same thing, only different setting.
You go to the assigned meeting place, be it Seek or the Pub.
You trawl through dozens of people, introduce yourself to a few and try to impress each other while trying to look blithely undesperate.
You get your first date together, and wonder what to wear to make the best impression.
It goes well, you both seem to be on the same page and you start to picture yourself growing together.
You like them. Then you wait for them to call. It is the longest three days of your life and at risk of seeming like a stalker you call them.
AND GET VOICEMAIL.

BAH! I had a REALLY great interview on Monday, the exact sort of place I want to be in, with places to go and a nice office and cute office boys (granted not vital but nice.)
We seemed to really hit it off.
I was attentive, questioning, articulate and intelligent in all the right places. I knew what questions to ask and knew basically what the company did and even had previous tech knowledge. But wasn't as over confident as I am being now!
I called early this morning and left a voice message with the lady who interviewed me and am really fighting off the urge to call back again and on the hour until she speaks to me! I mean I know she's a busy lady... she is important...
ARGH, what to do?

6 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

Good parallel.

*sigh*
I don't have any awesome advice unfortunately. Sometimes when this happens all you can think is "maybe I was the best candidate during my interview, and that's why everything was awesome, they loved me, and then someone came along after me that was PERFECT for the job"

Love the cartoon.

K said...

Cartoon = awesomeness.

Re your intervies, remember patience is a virtue. Did you leave a message? If so, leave it until next week.

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

GAH people after me! The impertinence!

Thanks K, I do believe in patience being a virtue… and persistence being the key! So I will wait for Monday and give it a go again.

LOL yeah I love the cartoon!

K said...

So - heard anything back yet?

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

No they all need to rot in the eternal bog of stench.

*HUFF* I am going to watch Labryinth again.

K said...

Rude. I'd be calling again today.