Friday 21 March 2008

Life as a Easter bunny


Happy Easter!
Wee isn’t Easter a lovely time? Almost as fun as Christmas, I remember Easter egg hunts at my cousins house, following my Uncle around convinced that he as going to inadvertently show us the location of all the eggs. He was a tough hider!!
Last year (or year before) we did another egg hunt for the littlies and I walked past a tree the following day and spotted an egg which had been missed – MINE!
As little bunnies and baby chicks nestle about looking adorable and little girls go looking for Easter eggs in giant red tulips I am afraid I have something very serious to discuss.
It is the evil scourge of the world of which I speak.

FRUITLESS HOT CROSS BUNS!! Hot cross buns with no fruit? On purpose?
We very excitedly rose this morning to dive into our fresh hot cross buns which had been smelling divine in the kitchen since we bought them.
Taking four out of the pack, I popped them into the microwave to prepare to butter them warm. As I split into it… NO FRUIT! Must be an error in this bun, a faulty bun.
All four buns, no fruit…. Only to my dismay do I see the Woolworth label reads ‘Fruitless Hot Cross Buns.’ Why? Is this a sick joke?
That's one of my favorite parts, and without the fruit it was nothing more than an unpalatable brown bun thing with a bit of cross on top.

2 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

I beleive a greater sin is the chocolate chip hot cross bun I'm sorry.
Yuk.

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

They are purely greedy... but no fruit? no fruit!!

*CRIES*