Tuesday 3 February 2009

Self Indulgence

For my 25th birthday, (I warn people now, I do not want to hear the phrase 'quarter century)I've been thinking about gifting myself some 'silly self indulgent' photos.

Not the regular run of the mill, slap on some paint, point and shoot ones through. Lovely but boring.

I want something I could frame, and almost have people not know it was me. Artwork even, but not in the traditional Leo painting Kate kinda way.

Much to my joy, and then dismay, Vaig have a whole section of body art (some of which are not my cup of tea) but some are almost exactly what I want.

My dismay enters, where I swore off Vaig for being horrid rip off artists who conned my cousin into something she couldn't afford.
But pretty cool eh?


8 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

Gah! I love your concept in your desire, but I beg you not to give your money to Vaig. *sigh*

K said...

I've never even heard of Vaig - what happened to your cousin?

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

See exactly... goes against the grain.
Pretty cool though hey?
However theoretically if one place does something cool and awesome then someone else would?

Basically Vaig is like a glamour shot company, that aim to do head shots for modelling etc.
They basically bullied her into way too much finanical sacrific than she could afford.

On the upside, the photos are amazing.

Dataceptionist said...

K, the story in brief=
>A sees photo stand for Vaig in shopping mall.
>A enters "competition" for glamour photography and modelling opportunity
>Vaig calls her saying she's a "runner up" in the competition. Please come in for an obligation free photo shoot with makeup included.

>Of course the photos are amazing, becuase thats what they do, they're a photography company, except that the whole package its $1000+ but you can do payment plan!
But you can't have your photos now.

And if you don't pay our 1000's of $$$ you can't have anything.

Of course the photos are amazing, imagine you got your wedding photographer to come and take a million pictures of you. Except its not your wedding day.

Dataceptionist said...

I say "competition" because I'm certain they use those stalls for contact info

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Yes the very fiery heart of evil and corruption!

K said...

I won a free glamour shoot once (don't recall the comapny). Having heard many similar stories to this I declined the shoot.

Anonymous said...

Re! Don't pay - Matthew and I were discussing just yesterday how beautiful a model you would make!

He would love to take come classy (classy, y'hear?) photos of you. I suggested in a cocktail dress at Circular Quay at dusk. What do you think?

His website is www.marauder.com.au

He's currently in Thailand so you'll have to wait two weeks to discuss it with him. But I reckon it would be a lot of fun.

from lou

p.s. I like the new design.