Thursday 5 February 2009

It's movie, it's movie time!

Shockingly enough there are a few movies, I wouldn't mind seeing at the moment.

'He sees dead people... and they annoy him. '

I cannot wait to see Ghost Town - I love Ricky Gervais, I cannot control my laughter in anything he's in Extra's, The Office. Love it. Greg Kinnear I can take or leave, he's probably fairly under rated as an actor but he looks really good in this film.
I am slightly concenred, because it was writen and directed by David Koepp, who did the most recent Indiana Jones also of War of the Worlds, Spiderman, Panic Room fame. Bit of a mixed bag but fingers crossed! Pre released this weekend, so if I get the chance I might take myself off to see it.


Shamelessly I am also looking forward to seeing He's Just Not That Into You.
Writen from the book, which shot to fame after it's mention in Sex and the City. The cast is the definition of star studded.
Ginnifer Goodwin, Scarlett Johansson, Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, Jennifer Connelly, Drew Barrymore and even a camero by writer Marc Silverstein.I know it's probably not destined for greatness, no Oscars in the offing but I am hoping that it will be entertaining enough to not be a waste of $16.50.

4 memos sent:

K said...

I've heard very average things about HJNTIY.
but I've never read the book so I shouldn't be too judgmental.

There's a few good flicks out atm that I wouldn't mind seeing.
> Doubt
> Changeling
> Frost/Nixon

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Not surprised really, but I'll probably see it anyway - I'll let you know.

Yes, Doubt does look good.
Meryl looks like she has done a good job. PSH always looks so odd, that I can barely look past it to his performance (don't even start me on Capote - YAWN)

Changeling, I am so ambivolent about. AJ looks so WAXEN it almost horrifies me. Good premise though, could be interesting.

Frost/Nixon... dunno lol
*shrug*

K said...

Angie generally irks me but I've seen her put in some sterling performances (Girl, Interrupted anyone?).
And I heart the fashion of the 20s as a bonus.

PSH is odd - but I think the cahracters he chooses generally sit well with his oddness. You didn't like Capote? I was suprised that I did actually - the previews made me think it a little hyped.

I'm debating whether I care about Revolutionary Road. Leo can act, but he hasn't really done so for a good few years now. I'm not keen to see another average performance from him.

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

HAHA the period clothing is good lol, I hope if you do see it that it fulfills your wishes!

I did not like Capote in the least. The movie was very well hyped, and I really hoped Joaquin Pheonix would win the Oscar for Walk the Line.

I'd like to see RR, I like both of them (Titanic aside? lol)