Tuesday 26 February 2008

Life as a Ticket Purchaser

All of my most significantly memorable moments involving the arts (for want of a better word) have been tainted by the evil soul-sucking sess-pool which is the ticket vendor.
On several occasions I have had prime seats cruelly snatched from my grasp owing to time-outs, server-downages and overflow.

I have watched as tickets for the Idiot Zone for Greenday disappeared and I was relegated to the back with the peasents, I screeched and howled like a banchee (whilst at work) as TICKETEK timed out when processing my Red Hot Chili Peppers tickets for the Chili Bowl and when I finally logged back on I got a ticket in the tier closest to being up God's nostril and cursed them again as they sold me a ticket to the West Tigers Premiership then reniged due to overselling.

Now again as my faveourite Sweet Transvestite is performed by the supurb and sensual iOTA I have been tortured by Ticketmaster as I was about to purchase tickets in row BB for Rocky Horror Show when it all goes horribly wrong and I am left typing in a zillion word verifactions (protection against unfair use of automated programs my ASS) with the crushing feeling that row J is the best I can find, I am just about to give up WHEN HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL AND THERE THEY ARE!!! Row BB!!

Purchase = Joy

3 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

Oh that is so awesome! Jealous!

Sigh. Tickets.

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

I paid my dues for them though!

Dataceptionist said...

Ticket Purchase Joy!
Unfortunately we are NOT in row BB.