Wednesday 28 January 2009

Birthday Plans, gone awry


Well I had an idea for my birthday.

I don't as a general rule, have massive plans for my birthday but I thought since it was the big 25 I'd put my back into it and PARTY.
Two options for my birthday came up, I made the call and finessed the idea.
Made and sent out invitations.
And then it all went to hell in a hand cart.
I found out that I had invited some people who I hadn't really mean't to invite and although I feel confident they would decline, I wouldn't know what to do with if they did attend.
So I recalled the invite (lol Indian giving, is especially amusing because the original place was Indian for a bollywood night) to later recreate it and correct this mistake.
Only to find that the venue had double booked my request!
So back to the second option!

3 memos sent:

K said...

Oh no! Have you found a new venue?

My Aussie Day BBQ nearly went that way. I FB invited SIL (cause I'm nice) but assumed she would decline as she is always bitching about having to travel over to this side of the city. She said yes. OK, no prob.

Then she says to MIL (her mum) are you going to H&K's BBQ?
So now I have PIL's too. It was fine but FIL hates smokers, and I'm a dirty smoker and subsequently copped comments all arvo (like - I thought you quit? Why? I never said that. Irks me that non-smokers assume that every smoker is trying to quit. Just cause I should doesn't mean I am)

Sorry. /rant.

Dataceptionist said...

oh no K! That all sounds rather like our family can be at times. And I think every smoker my age is furtive about it in many respects in front of "elders".

Although I think it would have been perfectly acceptable for P(s)IL to have not been invited if its a "young peoples" event. My in laws would be a bit uncomfortable if they came to a party we were having, and find no other "adults".

{I feel I have altogether too often used " in this comment, now feel awkward.}


"

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Sounds like what I'd like to avoid for my birthday! HAHA potentially ugly flair ups.
Do you really come to someone's birthday at thier house and comment on thier personal habits?

I wouldn't have thought that was acceptable.

Yes found a new venue, same thing just different food LOL.