Monday 18 August 2008

Let's do the time warp again?

I heard news that shocked me to the core this evening.
After a feeling of queasy trepidation subsided, I launched into full tilt research mode.

Word around the traps is that MTV is part producing Brit-American remake of The Rock Horror Picture Show.
E!
have even touted Marilyn Manson as Frank N Furter in the remake. In all honesty, this part almost relieves me to the thought that they are doing a remake, period.
Sure the guy is weird, but it's all show and that's what Frank needs.
I don't think there is a shred of truth to that section of the rumor, because I have also heard that Marilyn Manson in to play the Queen of Hearts in a dark Alice in Wonderland called Living in Neon Dreams.
Turns out that Manson is instead, apparently directing a phantasmagoric Alice redux.

Of course I immediately go to the font of all knowledge. IMDB. What this site does not know isn't worth knowing.
IMDB knows nothing, but apparently 'Riff Raff Curses MTV's Rocky Horror Remake' -- Richard O'Brien, scorning a bubblegum manufactured money making mammoth, who'da thunk?


Manson - an interesting Frank choice or a total f*** nightmare?

I've always found him somewhat intriguing (Evan Rachel Wood debacle aside) but others say repulsed.
If you've ever heard the man speak he does so with conviction and intelligence.

4 memos sent:

PrincesseEmma said...

I don't like Manson but I have never heard him speak and after what you've said I would be interested to hear him speak!

K said...

I'm indifferent on Manson - if he wants to be weird then he can. In terms of him being Frank, I merely ask - can he act? Sing? If not - get out!

BTW - have you seen the RHS clips from Kerry-Anne on YouTube? V.good.

Dataceptionist said...

babe whats happening with the blog? !?!?!?!
xx

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.