Tuesday 22 January 2008

Life as a survivor; china style

Since the first season of that rancid filth we know as reality TV aired I have not seen Survivor since that Richard Hatch bloke won.
Channel surfing last week I passed a Survivor China ad and was horrified when I saw the emaciated frame Courtney Yates one of the contestants.
Firing up I swung into research mode, thinking that maybe one of those crazy immunity challenges was to start an island cannery and her weight loss was due to an unfortunate bout with botulism. Tragically apparently not, seems this waif has ‘looked like this since college’
according to an ABC News interview… see photographic evidence.
I have NO doubt its physically challenging task type thing, but what were the producers expecting? Were they HOPING she would keel over to boost ratings? Obviously this girl didn't have much fat to afford to loose, but they have exploited her (willingly she has also exploited herself, twice in fact consider she was on a previous contestant on Survivor four; pile of dung.)

Which makes me wonder, are we automatically perverted to thinking that all skinny girls starve themselves to achieve this rather than the possibility that they are not predisposed to be shaped this way? (Much like me being short and rounded)
Having that thought seems almost naive, thinking about Kate Moss’ eternally willowy frame yet flashing back to her snorting coke up her nose, was finally the eternal question was answered that supermodels needed help too? Oh that and yes bad boys do seem to be bad for us right?

1 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

Not a Survivor fan myself. Too catty.
(says she that likes The Biggest Loser LOL)
One thing I will say for Survivor though, the snippets I have caught in China and the Fiji series, the physical challenges at least have a hint of Gladiators or It's a Knockout
LOL me likee HTML