Wednesday 29 October 2008

How to lose friends and alienate me


I was excited to see that they had converted Toby Young’s memoir of his failed attempt to ‘make it’ in the US.

I was even more excited to see Simon Pegg, who I think is HILARIOUS, starring. Have you seen Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Run Fat Boy Run? The man is a genius, especially along side Nick Frost.
Also starring Megan Fox (who?), Gillian Anderson and Jeff Bridges. I have mixed feeling about this casting, but it’s really Kirsten ‘Kiki’ Dunst that leaves me cold.
I still feel the pain of paying money to see ‘Mona Lisa Smile’ *shudder* and can’t say that I have seen a movie with her in it I have truly enjoyed.
The Virgin Suicides was weird, maybe I’m not arty enough but I thought it was lame. Nor am I an MJ fan, perhaps Kiki’s portrayal of Spiderman’s flame is only as good as the script she’d given? Of course I’ve seen ‘Bring It On’ which is inoffensive enough, I guess.
I am morbidly curious about Marie Antoinette, but I have had little luck with Sofia Coppola movies. Lost in Translation, for me, was carried off by Bill Murray and to a lesser degree Scarlet Johansson and strange mesh panties.
I get worried, when there is a movie out that I have a desire to see. At, what is it now, $16.50 a pop? If my movie experience isn’t a sure thing I don’t want to jeopardise spending that much for a luke warm experience. Or is that just me?

5 memos sent:

Dataceptionist said...

I am quite keen to see this actually, but I don't know the back story at all? Is it sort of like a less NZ/droll version of Conchords? Without music?

Yeah I don't know who Megan Fox is.

Aww I like Kiki though, sorry, can't help it. You're right, Bring it On is awesomeness LOL
And dude I don't think anyone gets The Virgin Suicides, OR Lost in Translation. That movie is fucking weird. I don't understand anyone who likes it. Whats to like?

And you pay too much for movies. We never go for more than $10 ea.

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Yes I want to see it (baulking at price)
Basically it is this guy trying to make it in US Vogue - Jeff Bridges is Editior I believe, hense this Megan Fox character one of the 'beautiful people'

Ok good, glad its not just me.

LOL I don't have a choice about paying this much, am I to barter with the pimple faced teenager at Hoyts?
Cheap arse tuesday is only slightly better. Your only hope is that it's a cinebuzz $8 movie.

PrincesseEmma said...

Happy New Year!!!

Dataceptionist said...

blog oN!

K said...

I read the book of this. I didn't love it. I'm not sure if I even liked it.

Did you end up seeing the movie?