Tuesday 30 September 2008

The Storm Tropper Incident

Oh no.. not this kind.
The kind with far less ACTUAL power.

I had an 'incident' with a Sydney CityRail transit officer recently. I am always in possesion of a valid ticket, I buy tickets, like all the time - get it?


Why does Murphy's twisted and sick law dictate that the very day I change my jacket for casual Friday, happens to be the very day I leave it in my normal trench coat pocket and a proliferation transit officers decend upon Parramatta station.
So, panic-stricken I cast a look around and bunny hop in behind someone else, making a beeline to donate to the Salvation Army (an elaborate distraction and something I true to do when I see him.)
'Excuse me Miss, may I see your ticket?'
... Rats, the gig is up. I can't think of any plausible lie, grit my teeth and tell the truth.
I walk away with a $200 fine BUT FINGERS CROSSED that when reviewed I get off!

To make matters worse, I forgot the Salvo man too!

6 memos sent:

John Rickards said...

You do the crime you pay the fine... Don't blame the player, blame the game.

K said...

What a bummer.

For future ref you'll have a better chance of getting away if you ask the cityrail guards to let you through to buy a ticket on the other end... $8 is less than $200...

Dataceptionist said...

Oh that sucks!!! Just appeal, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you :(

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

LOL yes I am a game blamer from way back.

Actually I am an absent minded blamer, due to the fact that 98% of my stuff ups are due to being absent minded.

I didn't even think of that K, I think I was just too annoyed to think lol.

Actually. I must check that out.

Anonymous said...

They HAVE changed a bit though, they used to let me do that all the time as I was once a serial fare-evader. Since the inception of the storm troopers though it's up to them and I've seen them refuse people that out :( Still worth asking. I reckon they'll let you off though. You're a customer dammit. (and a good one at that!)

.:.:. Reanan .:.:. said...

Yeah what she said!